Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you’re ready to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution where the possibilities for innovation, new discovery and system thinking are limitless.
Women’s College Hospital is committed to equity, quality and patient safety as key professional values and essential components of daily practice.
With the mobilization of our Strategic Plan, WCH has entered an exciting phase of its history – strengthening its bond with partners and introducing a new and inspiring vision:
Healthcare revolutionized for a healthier and more equitable world.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
An exciting opportunity as a Temporary Full-Time (6 months) Billing Clerk exists in the Department of Medicine, reporting to the Lead Billing Coordinator and Business Manager. Under the supervision of the Lead Billing Coordinator, the Billing Clerk will provide billing support for Physicians in the Department of Medicine Summary of
Duties , but not limited to:
• Input data into the billing program database
• Create claim submission files and submit to the MOH via MCEDT on a weekly basis
• Analyze accounts at the time of application for any missing information. Report discrepancies to the Billing Coordinator and contact the Physician or clinic to resolve the discrepancy
• Assist with error reports on a monthly basis
• Reconcile billing remittances against claims on a monthly basis
• Maintain regulations and standards affecting patient confidentiality
• May be required to assist with ongoing OHIP billing training and technical support to new and existing Secretaries
• Third-party billing knowledge, specifically in OHIP, WSIB, IFH, and UHIPThe responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
As a role model and champion, you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
• Completion of a College Diploma
• Minimum 1-2 years of OHIP billing experience
• Some experience working in a Physician’s office would be an asset
• Familiarity with a variety of electronic billing programs, MOHLTC billing policies and procedures and third party billing
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple time sensitive service requirements
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and medical billing software
• Excellent independent problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to show self-direction and leadership skills
• This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all. Closing Statement Women’s College Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community.
Note: Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance